Didmus Barasa said: “I don’t see any duplication of roles between the Prime Cabinet Secretary and the Deputy President. The president made it very clear that after him in terms of hierarchy there is his deputy, Gachagua, then we have the Prime Cabinet Secretary.”
“Although Mudavadi will above all Cabinet Secretaries, he will be serving under DP Gachagua.”
“The president said that Musalia Mudavadi’s roles would be monitored by DP Rigathi.”
“Musalia Mudavadi’s boss is Rigathi Gachagua, and Gachagua’s boss is William Samoei Ruto,” noted Barasa.
Mudavadi now awaits vetting by a parliamentary committee alongside his fellow nominees before being sworn into office.
DID YOU KNOW
1. Cabinet Secretaries will be entitled to a monthly salary of Ksh.924,000.
2. They are eligible for a basic salary of Ksh 554,400
3. A house allowance of Ksh.200,000
4. An official state car with a maximum engine capacity of 3000cc.
5. Inpatient of Ksh 10 million, Maternity Ksh.150,000, Outpatient Ksh.300,000, Dental Ksh.75,000, and Optical Ksh.75,000.
6. Ksh.10 million car loan and
7. Ksh.40 million mortgage.